"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!" -Jack Kerouac

Monday, November 10, 2008

part__xvi_sixteen

Well the trip is coming to an end. I'm in San Francisco right now writing from the most comfortable couch I've ever sat on. Scott and I are watching the Hills. It's amazing what you resort to when you haven't had TV in over a month. It is literally the best waste of time show I've ever seen or imagined. I can't stop watching it, and yet with every episode, I hate myself a little more.

Our trip is officially done on Wednesday. Just like that, six weeks of traveling the country, is over. I ran out of money about a week ago; needless to say, I've gone on a special diet. Luckily I have some cigarettes left. And I'm willing to go into debt to get a cup of coffee where I can. Just hoping everywhere I go, that someone will want to feed me. I feel like I have a better chance of finding an untouched freshly cooked meal sitting on the streets of San Francisco than I do of having the guys we're staying with here feed us. I'll be fine, and hungry, until we get back home and I get paid. Probably won't last very long, so I'm trying to see where I can make a few bucks when I get back. Maybe in LA.

It will be good to be back in Southern Cali though. I'll probably spend some time in Orange County, then hike up to LA and spend the rest of the time before Thanksgiving with good friends and my family. Leaving having to decide about what to do with my life until after Thanksgiving. Prolonging. That's what we'll do. Prolong.

No comments: