"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!" -Jack Kerouac

Monday, September 15, 2008

part__ii_two

It is the morning. It's the morning of my first day at work. I'm here at the Roadtrip offices for the first time.

The offices embody what I've always imagined the ethos of this organization to be. A very handmade, DIY look through and through. Probably because it all is handmade and DIY. Except when it comes to technology. I love seeing a Mac computer, that costs a couple thousand dollars, sitting on a handmade plywood desk, half painted, or not painted at all. Oh and did I mention green. Everything is nearly painful, yet somehow, comforting green. A shade that is abrasive enough to ensure that it has your attention, but not so abrasive that it offends. But hey every organization has to have a trademark right? 

Anyways, I've recieved the tour, and have sat in the drivers seat of one of the RVs. The rest of the roadies have yet to arrive yet. 17 minutes, and they should be here. I'm early because I'm living with Jason and Jimi. Both of them work for Roadtrip Nation, and Jason is in charge of everything I will be doing. So I rode in early with them, waiting partly in fear and partly in excitement. 

Today will be an extremely informative day on all fronts. I'm hoping to walk away with a clearer idea of what I'll be doing from day to day, as well as getting a feel for the kinds of people I will be hanging with. 

No comments: