"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!" -Jack Kerouac

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

part__vii_seven

You know you're in California when you're sitting outside at Starbucks and can only smell cheeseburgers. But not just any cheeseburger. An In-N-Out cheeseburger. It is simultaneously disgusting and whimsical. In no way do you wish this was what you were smelling, and yet there is something about it that wins you over.  

First I need to talk to and make aware the fact that I am a certified genius. Not but a day and a half ago I made one of the most important discoveries of my entire life. It all started with me realizing the need to continue this blog while on the road. This obviously requires connection to the world wide web. While on the road I am not sure how often I will have internet access, let alone FREE internet access. Naturally I had the brilliant idea to ask Sprint what the possibilities of getting one of those USB wireless internet cards would be. And after a brief discussion I realized how ridiculous this option was. It is a minimum of $60 a month added to your bill. I slapped the Sprint employee and told her to get a life and left asap. I then started to explore the option of using my phone as a wireless modem. I, being a modern gentleman, have a phone capable of browsing the internet, and had heard rumors of being able to use it as a way to connect my computer to the internet. So with my intensive background in research and execution, I spent some time attempting to solve this debacle. And then it happened! I CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET ON MY COMPUTER VIA MY PHONE!!!!!

It was, without a doubt, one of my proudest moments. Seriously. 

On another note, at work we have been assigned our teams and our routes for which we are to be traveling the next month and a half. My team consists of Sarah, Heather, and Scott. All of whom, are pure and unbridled champions. Our route is the Northern Route. And this is what that route entails:



Needless to say, I am super excited to these parts of the country that I have never experienced before. I was also handed the keys to the RV that we will be driving. His name is Junior, and he's 36 feet long. I look forward to the many intimate moments I will have with and in this fine piece of transportation. No doubt it will be unlike anything I've ever known.




3 comments:

Katie said...

So you are going to Boston. That's pretty close to NYC! You better stop in for a visit.

Juliebeans said...

I second that suggestion.

Amber said...

Tim, you are going to stop at Tim's college, UNH in Durham! Awesome!!! Do you want us to call anyone that we know to come and interview with you? Or just to smack your hine? I love you and want you to use your public transport skills to get your hine out here for Thanksgiving...maybe you can drive the whole Cali fam out in Junior...hmmm.